Friday, November 7, 2014

PRONUNCIATIONS OF ALPHABETS IN ESAN LANGUAGE: 'E' IS PRONOUNCED IN TWO WAYS. PART 1.


Igberaese

By Esan Carnivall Coordinator (Igberaese Aikohi).

We are Esan people, we are from Esan and we speak Esan language. Ishan is a product of wrong pronunciation from foreigners.  Never join in such adulteration but rather correct it accordingly.

In Esan pronunciation,  the alphabet 'E' is pronounced in two ways, 1. as in Edo, Ewatto, Ekpoma, Ekpon, Edetalen, etc, 2. Ebele-Jonathan, Emu, Ewu, Esan, Ebakota, etc. Let me give you e.g of wrong pronunciation in another language.
 Some people pronounce the Yoruba word 'IBADAN' as Ibadan instead of  'Ibadon'. So, no Yoruba person will say "dan", it is "don", because their "an" is pronounced "on", as in "Obasonjor" not "sanjor"; "shongo"  not "sango". So, we are "Esans" not "Ishans".

For instance, we live in "Esan land" not "Ishan land" and we speak Esan language not Ishan language.

...to be continued

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your commitment to our mother tongue. Please I would like to know the meaning of the name, Ediale, and which part of Ishan bears the name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete